I am amazed that my first year of college has come to an
end. Looking back I have learned a lot about myself as a writing. I never
thought of my writing process in the past. I have always been more of a
talkative person. I prefer giving oral reports or expressing my thoughts and
ideas out loud. However I know essays and writing is a huge part of
college and everyday life so there are some things I had goals of improving
from the beginning of the semester.
English 201 was extremely different from any
English class I took in high school. Throughout the semester I can tell I
enhanced my writing skills. After analyzing my journal entries I feel that I
have improved my sentence structure and learned how to apply the APA format in
my essays. I am able to organize my
thoughts more in depth. Analyzing the ad in precise details was new to me and
now I agree with the quote, “A picture is worth a thousand words.”
From the
beginning of the semester it was clear that I would be exploring my skills as
an analyzer and critical thinker with the readings posted on blackboard.
Exploring the importance of literacy was very inspiring. I have always known
that education is important. Looking at works from historical figures like
Martin Luther King emphasized my belief that we should all take advantage of
the educational opportunities we are offered here in this country because many individuals
do not have the same privilege.
Grammar has
always been an issue to me, however our in class assignments and lessons has
been very beneficial. All of the journals and essays thus far were not
difficult. I found it extremely helpful receiving feedback through an email. I
am aware of the difference between reflection and analyzing. The task I had the
most trouble with was the research paper. Finding a topic was very hard because
I change my mind very frequently. I worked on several ideas and I felt I was
falling behind with the process of constructing a draft. The draft I have now
involves child crime and I am satisfied with the progress I have made. I have a
final tutoring session next Tuesday and I think by then I will be ready to post
my final product. Professor Matyakubova I just want to thank you for your
patience and your enthusiastic teaching style. It has been a pleasure being in
your class.
No comments:
Post a Comment