Friday, May 22, 2015


Journal # 4

 

            After writing my literacy narrative I feel accomplished I was able to write the five-page requirement. When it comes to drafting I write what comes to mind and then peer edit. I learned that when I first start generating ideas I get stuck. I have to learn to brainstorm my ideas beforehand so I have enough to say about the particular topic I am discussing. However I felt the peer editing during class was helpful and it pushed me to be more creative. The peer-editing exercise allowed me to have a second opinion, which was helpful when I was editing my second draft. I appreciated the feedback I received through email that was beyond helpful and I was able to use the advice given to complete my narrative. The questions allowed me to further my ideas on what literacy meant to me.

 

            The significance part of this assignment was acknowledging the importance of literacy. I never thought about the resources and opportunities children growing up in America receive compared to children living in financially challenged countries.  I acknowledge the importance articulating ones thoughts onto paper is. I do not like to write about myself personally. I prefer writing about topics that are debatable an example would be a research assignment. There is no particular reason I just have a harder time developing ideas because I really have to take a moment and think about events in my life that I can use. As a writer I felt I developed my peer editing skills. Compared to my first draft I think my narrative has improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment