Friday, May 22, 2015


Proposal Idea




      International criminal justice defines the gravest crimes that threaten the peace, security and will being of the world and are concern to the international community. Throughout the 1920’s women have blossomed and fought for their rights in the United States. However most women in financially unstable countries are still not treated as equals or have a voice to stand up for themselves. In this field I want to explore the hardships women face in developing countries. The focus will include the measures taken in order to ensure women’s safety and rights through organizations and programs developed or developing.
      I selected this topic because equality is the foundation of a functioning and healthy society. Living in the 21st century one realizes the advancements made in medicine and technology. Then come to realize that in third world countries women are still obligated to marry a man that has been chosen for them, or stay in a relationship where they are mistreated and abused because divorce is not in option. When my mom talks about her childhood she describes my grandmother as a vulnerable woman in Ecuador because she lived in a generation where women did as they were told. I want to empower the future generations to come. We all deserve to have opinions be open-minded, receive an education and apply for high level working positions.  We have seen women fighting for equality throughout history now it is time to implement their fight and make it a reality globally.
      The materials I will use will be divided in sections. The first couple of paragraphs will discuss the main problems occurring in developing countries. This will include the lack of education women receive, sexual violations and health awareness. Explain how the norms of religion and culture can negatively affect a woman and this includes genital mutilation. After I have discussed the hardships I can explain the solutions organizations and programs have developed in order to help the victims of hateful crimes. I will research women that have tried to make a difference and encourage others for change. I will plea for equality and justice around the world. Research what the United Nations has established to protect the population of women throughout the continents.

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment